Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 216

    Danum Valley to Kota Kinabalu

    29 november 2023, Maleisië ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    Up very early to the sound of jungle insects. We saw a troupe of long tailed macaques by the river and then went for our final lodge breakfast.

    After breakfast we set out along the Danum trail, finding lots more mud and leeches as we went. At the end of the trail we came to o bend in the river and walked out onto the rocks. The guide then told us that the male orangutan we’d been looking for was now at the lodge.

    We set off back and went straight to where he knew it was. We first approached from the raised platform but the orangutan 🦧 threatened us so we backed off quickly.

    Instead we approached from the ground and he tolerated us. We were able to stand and watch him for ages as he relaxed and munched his fruit, drooling 🤤 and dribbling because he was enjoying it so much.

    As time ran out we returned to the lodge for the final leech check and mud removal and then back to the room for showers and packing. We then checked out and had lunch before the 2.5 hours drive back to Lahad Datu airport and the flight to Kota Kinabalu.

    On arrival we collected our bags and got a grab to the hotel where we had dinner and bed, ignoring the pile of stinking clothes!
    Meer informatie