Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 238

    Bangkok to Ayuthaya

    December 21, 2023 in Thailand ⋅ 🌙 23 °C

    Our grab came on time and we made it through the early morning traffic to the train station. Signage wasn’t the best (none existent) but we found the gate in time.

    After some confusion over seats on the train the conductor decided I should stay where I was and the hour journey passed without any other issues.

    In Ayutthaya we managed to get a grab, although we had to move to the driver specified pick up point as apparently the tuk tuk drivers won’t let grab drivers pick up at the train station 🤷‍♀️.

    At the hotel there didn’t have our booking written down so weren’t expecting us. Fortunately they said there would be a room for check in at 1.30pm. After applying sunscreen we set out walking and spent the next few hours around the different temples. A stroke of luck at last, all entrance fees were free today as part of a new year celebration.

    On the way back to the hotel we had some lunch and then checked in to our small Thai style villa. After relaxing for a while we set out to see the sunset at a far away temple. After a tuk tuk faff we made it to the temple just before sunset and had time to look around.

    We easily found a tuk tuk back and after a drink walked around the night market and went for dinner. Dinner was an expensive disaster, wrong item brought out, replacement meal intentionally ruined with salt. Never mind, there’s other places.

    We called in the 7-11 for water before going back to the hotel and bed.
    Read more