Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 242

    Bangkok to Bangkok 🙄

    December 25, 2023 in Thailand ⋅ ☁️ 26 °C

    Today was supposed to be our overnight train ride but instead we’re in Bangkok. We finally managed to have breakfast in the hotel and then packed up and got a grab 1km down the road to the Holiday Inn. We left our bags and went to catch the bus.

    After waiting for an hour and no bus we got a grab to the pier to start our walking tour. Our first stop was supposed to be a temple inside the royal palace. However, Simon didn’t bring trousers, again, and by the time he’d bought some I wasn’t in the mood for fighting the cruise shippers to look at things.

    We set off on the next bit of the walking tour and visited a narrow alley way housing a whole Bangkok community. Interesting to see how people live, 1 small room with a mattress, a shared outside tap, shared cooking facilities.

    We then walked around the amulet market, there were more amulets than any town can possibly need.

    We then went to cross the royal park and finally the new trousers came in handy as Simon couldn’t go in wearing shorts. We then walked towards the democracy monument and caught a bus back to the new hotel.

    Our room was ready so we got into the room and had a crisp sandwich for Christmas lunch. In the afternoon I sat by the pool for a while.

    In the evening we walked around a street food market and had dinner in a mall.
    Read more