Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 46

    Montpellier Handball

    October 13, 2018 in France ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    What a night. Me and Geoff went to a European handball game between the French league champions and the Hungarian national champs. European Handball is a mixture of ultimate, basketball and soccer. The point of the game is to score the most points in one hour by throwing the ball into the opponents net.
    See more rules in this video link.
    https://youtu.be/L0Y8qFFVPXw

    The two teams exchanged the lead multiple times and the final score was...(see pictures).

    After the game finished my bike got a flat tire so we walked to the tram station to find out that the ticket machine wouldn’t take Geoff’s credit cards and he had no cash. We only had six minutes until the next tram came so we went to a close-by bank and discovered that it had just closed for the night. We still had no tickets so we missed the tram. We were about to start walking a 1 hour 30 walk back to the apartment when Geoff had a brilliant idea. We crossed the street to the other ticket machine and luckily it worked! Sadly we had another 15 minute wait till the next tram came. We heaved our bikes onto the tram and rode the tram back to the apartment.
    Cheers Malcolm 😜
    Read more