Satellit
  • Tag 79

    We're in Thailand!!

    15. November 2018 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 33 °C

    We just got to Chiang Mai, in the north of Thailand, yesterday morning at 6:30 am. We were so jet lagged, that we fell asleep a few hours after we got settled into our new teak house, and when we woke up, we thought it was the next morning, even though it was only 3:00 in the afternoon! Afterwards, we went exploring around our neighbourhood, and discovered a day market selling clothes, shoes and Thai food/sweets. For dinner last night, Malcolm and I had pork satay and rice, and my parents had green curry chicken soup, and chili cashew chicken (Dale had a peanut butter sandwich, of course!). When we went to sleep for real, every single one of us woke up at 1:30 in the morning, because we were still so jet lagged. I ended up getting out of bed at 11:00 am. Then we went out for a snack and card game at a local bakery, and on the way home we stopped at a Thai restaurant, and had rice, chicken pad Thai, and spicy pork with basil. The whole meal only cost 130 Thai baht, equivalent to 5$ Canadian! We live in a teak house, which is an old wooden house, where only the living room, bedrooms, and one of the bathrooms are inside. The rest of the house is outdoors. I only have one pair of shorts out of three, that apparently aren’t too short to wear in Thailand, and only two t-shirts out of five, that cover my shoulders enough. The bad things here, are that we have no washing machine, or dishwasher, but it might be okay, because there’s a laundromat around the corner, and my guess is that we won’t be doing many dishes anyways. I don’t think we’ll be eating at home very often, because getting groceries is more expensive than eating at restaurants here! The temperature here is 33 degrees C outside right now, so that means most of our house is hot. A few yeas ago, someone turned this original teak house into a bar, but it closed down because it’s across the street from a temple! Now it is a house again! All the cars and motorbikes drive on the other side of the road, which can be annoying for me because it’s not what I’m used to.
    Chloë
    Weiterlesen