Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    Pokhara, Nepal

    November 21, 2018 in Nepal ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    Day 21 - Day 26.

    We spent a total of 6 days in Pokhara, a surreal place vs real Nepal life down by Lakeside but a great place to relax post Trek for a few home comforts.

    Checked into Teeka resort (a lovely 3 star hotel) to celebrate the news of our baby girl (or anniversary nor us or the hotel staff were quite sure). Looked after well here and took serious advantage of that buffet breakfast. After living in our hotel bubble it was back to a hostel, the budget can only afford so many treats after all.

    Had a night out with the dutch couple here, drunk beer, wine and alll the whiskey for the first real time, no need to worry about altidtude any more, or money it seems...

    On the upside we had robbed a lovely store owner of £50 today, so you could say it was a subsidized evening. I swear he took that bloody driving licence, note - not something to mention to anyone else, ever.

    Little hike to the peace pagoda followed by a tough trip down, not distance wise mind just due to the fact Limbster brought a grand total of 0 pairs of suitable footwear on a 2 year trip. It was painfully slow and required teamwork, it was hard to resist lecturing but I did my best.

    Spent many a meal at OR2K, cracking Dhal. We will miss the food here but time to see more of the real Nepal.

    Don't be fooled by the cat in the picture, we still hate all animals, if there weren't people around that cat might not be so comfortable.
    Read more