Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 49

    Ella

    December 20, 2018 in Sri Lanka ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    Day 49 - 51.

    The sun was shining today, much against the forecast prediction from myself. As a result we rushed to get to Ella to enjoy the weather before the oncoming rain arrived (as again predicted by me).
    Sadly our train was cancelled but transport was quickly resolved by a few helpful tuk tuk drivers.

    Arrived in Ella to Escapde hostel - outside Ella but alongside the famous train tracks, which you had to walk down to get there (avoiding the odd train or two!)

    We quickly set out down the track for the famous 9 arch bridge and it was SWEATY. By far the hottest day in Sri Lanka to date and we were out baking in the sun for a good 12km round trip. Was well worth it however, bridge was spectacular, even if it did result in a mini domestic to get limbster down that hill for a photo....

    Up onwards to Adams little peak, our much preferred of the two and then into Ella for some great food at Mateys hut - first Kotthu and best Sri Lankan curry to date, all the mango! :)

    After this we rested in Ella during a spell of rain, meeting some great people at the hostel and catching up on some much needed life admin over a few tins of Lion before we headed to the sunny coast!!

    Top tips from Limbster:

    1. Uploading photos to Facebook is not worth the stress it causes.

    2. Dont choose the 10 bed dorm for 3 nights when a group of English lads join on a 2 week piss up - earplugs to the rescue again.

    3. Walking with a coconut on a train track whilst trying to pose is not safe in any circumstance. Insta life vs reality.
    Read more