Satellite
  • Day 64

    Boossa, Sri Lanka

    January 4, 2019 in Sri Lanka ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Day 64 & 65.

    Today we headed to a beach cabana which limbster had hunted down online for a cheeky £6 per night. Caught the train from Weligama after picking up some overpriced ripe banana chodes for breakfast, delish.

    Quick train and then for the millionth time this trip we caught the bus (aka a tuktuk with good intentions..).
    Beach Cabana was awesome and we had our own private ladder up to our treehouse seaview cabana, perfect!

    Beach was great and super quiet, lots of sunrise / sunset swimming and plenty of happy hours to see us through! Highlight being the Reggae passion fruit mojitos alongside our Sri Lankan curries!

    After perfecting the art of solo body surfing I splashed out 400 rupees to get limbster onto a big piece of foam and finally on some waves. Plenty of serious body boarding skills on show here, and I will admit the shallows were the one! Thankfully no photos caught us beaching like a pair of whales onto the sand!

    It wasn't all highs though, Limbster managed to attract the entire South coast population of sand flies and proceeded to treat the sand like burning lava for the remainder of the trip. She wore the scars well mind and has now perfected the painless midgy bite cross.

    Also our first run in with a non lovely Sri Lankan man. Got called a motherfucker via telephone and robbed by an elderly man wearing nothing but a cloth, all in all we lost £0.85 but I fully believe our anger will haunt us forever.

    Revenge will be sweet white cabanas, revenge will be sweet.

    Two sides to every coin and all and we met another lovely Sri Lankan man who provided us with fresh breakfast every morning for an absolute steal! :)
    Read more