Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 69

    Negombo

    January 9, 2019 in Sri Lanka ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    Day 69 & 70.

    It was the day Ellie's parents were to arrive (which also meant our entire home shopping list would be too - and we were not disappointed)

    After deliberating with whether to build a sign and greet them at the airport we instead landed on swimming and sunbathing in the Luxury hotel pool, just as good a welcome hey..! We did ensure we sourced limes and tonic (only the best mind) so that we could at least prepare them a fresh drink on arrival with the duty free gin they would have inevitably brought along... (we guessed correctly)

    After checking in the unpacking all of there goodies began, I can't recall exactly but I think limbster got 7 new tops, 3 new pairs of shoes and 12 dresses (it was literally xmas). But I couldn't complain - I would have chose cheese, flapjacks and jelly babies any day. Boy did the cheese taste good.

    Spent our time exploring Negombo and the nearby Lagoons, had a great boat tour around the harbour and visited a cracking fish market at sunrise! Next time think ceviche!

    Needless to say the gin didn't last long here, lots of G&Ts around the pool ensured these two days had the real holiday feel we had been looking forward too. Will forever recall the giant nibbling pool mosquito that was Limbster and the animal game.

    Negombo beach left a lot to be desired but did deliver two golden sunsets, which we watched together each evening over the ocean.

    It was time to set off to Sigiriya, we watched as Ellie's parents driver arrived and we were shortly off to the bus stop to follow behind.

    P.s Imodium has made its second appearance now and I'll have to put my hands up to it this time :/
    Read more