Satellite
  • Day 3

    Gardens by the Bay

    December 3, 2019 in Singapore ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    I woke up at 9 am after a good sleep! It is quite noisy in the sleeping pods but everyone is trying to be as quiet as possible, so that’s really nice. First I had a good breakfast 😊
    The weather was actually much better than expected. Yesterday it was standing that it should rain the whole day today. It has been quite cloudy throughout the whole day and quite windy as well, but that's actually really nice like this. The air is not so heavy and easier for me to handle. So I decided to go to the Gardens by the Bay.
    Even though it’s not so warm it’s still not so easy to walk long distances for me. But at least I didn’t need to Stopp as often as yesterday 💪🏼

    The Gardens by the Bay are a really nice area. There are a lot of smaller gardens all around the area that you can just walk through without buying a ticket or so. These so-called Heritage Gardens are all from a different country. So you have a Chinese garden, a Malayan garden and so on.
    I then went up the Skywalk. From here you have a nice view of the city and the bay, I can imagine that it’s even better on a day without clouds.
    Then I went to the Cloud Forest.
    This is really a spectacular place! So much information about the cloud forest and how important it is to the ecosystem!
    I spent really much time there, maybe also because of the nice air conditioning 🙈😂 oh it was such a lovely cold in there.
    At last I went to the Flower Dome. Here they have a lot of different flowers from all over the world.
    When I came out of the Flower Dome more and more black cloud was coming in from the ocean. So I decided to walk back to the hostel after eating something on the way. I was anyway quite exhausted.
    It was just starting to drop a little bit when I reached the hostel. Perfect timing again 😉
    The rest of the afternoon and evening was very calm. I took a short nap and then was reading a little. I was then ending up talking with some people at the hostel until almost 11 pm.
    Tomorrow isn’t last day in Singapore before I jump at 6.30 pm into the next airplane to Auckland 🤗
    Read more