Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 30

    Ragitata Rafts II

    December 30, 2019 in New Zealand ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    We had to stop again before the rapid as the guides got out and checked out this one as well.
    This one is 350m long and has some difficult parts in it.

    We went down in the same order like the last one again.
    And these rapids really hit it! It was a real experience to pass through all the different rapids.
    I could barely hear what the guide was screaming at us during the rapid, but we did pretty good and almost all right, just everyone missed the last one and that was almost leading to a flip over 🙈😂
    Luckily we stayed upright in the end 😅
    And so we could laugh about it afterward.

    Your guide was really happy that we got through so good again, as he then told us, that yesterday head no good day and they good flipped over as they hit a wave at the wrong moment and there was nothing you could do about it!
    Luckily that didn't happen to us.

    The best of the trip was mostly cruising down the river with a few Grad 1 or 2 rapids.
    One rapid we even rafted by standing up in the boat 🤗😂

    Then we were reaching the end of our trip. Our team was really lucky as we didn't need to carry our raft and stuff up to the bus because there was already a family with another guide waiting for us to take over our raft for there adventure on the calmer part of the river.

    The ride back to the camp was short and we took off all our equipment and then had a really nice hot shower 😊
    When we were ready with that, the BBQ was also ready and we were sitting all together and having a really good BBQ while we were watching all the photos together!

    After that, it was time to get going and I decided to not drive too far today, so I am staying on a Farmyard Campground near Geraldine today.

    It’s full, extremely full better to say, a lot of families. It’s a nice place anyway and I am so tired that I will go to sleep early anyway and I don’t even need to cook today because I am so full from the BBQ!
    Read more