Satellite
  • Day 80

    Hamelin Bay and Cape Leeuwin

    February 18, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    I was waking up around 6.30 this morning and was feeling much better!
    Fresher and more energetic again! Still super much pain in the throat and headache but at least I don't feel sick anymore.
    It was definitely the right decision to stay in a hotel for this night as it got super windy later in the evening and during the whole night!

    At first, I went for another shower as I have been sweating so much during the night.
    After that, I went to the kitchen to fix my breakfast. Eating is still super painful and takes a lot of time.
    After breakfast, I went back to my room to pack my stuff and I left around 9.30 am to pick up Kara from the campground!
    She was already waiting for me outside the campground, so we were loading in her stuff again and then had a little brainstorming about today.

    And then we were going again.

    First Stop, Hamelin Bay!
    You may think just another beautiful beach but Hamelin Bay is the only place here in the south where you can say some rays!

    And we where lucky there were quite a few rays around close to the beach, most of the smaller but we also saw one really big one!
    I know you can't see the manta ray so good on the picture but I had to really fight for this picture as there were so many people around. But you can see that it was a really big one! Pretty cool anyway!

    After the meeting with the Manta Ray, we walked back to my car and went to Cape Leeuwin.
    Also here you need to pay to get closer to the lighthouse, what we didn't.
    We took a walk around the area and found the rocky area that looks so different from everything else we have seen so far today!
    Read more