Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 67

    House arrest - day 67

    May 24, 2020 in England ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    Sunday morning and still internet or cable TV, Virginmedia website now suggesting it would be back on by 16:20 Sunday. This would be a 46 hour outage if that time turned out to be correct. Did the weekly Whick family Videocon on Skype using the iPhone 4G as a hotspot – seemed to work OK and we were on for almost an hour without losing the connection. Weather very nice again – sunny and getting warm again. In the afternoon we went out for a bike ride. On the way out we spotted a Virginmedia engineer at the Cabinet at the end of the road. He said he’d fixed it by flicking a fuse (which had probably just flipped out due to Friday’s power cut). Just before we set off Lesley Mungur dropped off Kate’s bike to be brought back into service – a job for when we got back.

    Bike ride was the nice loop through Wisley common, over the M25 and back via the Manor in Byfleet.

    After we got back we discovered the TV and Internet was now back on, yay! After an ice cream Claire and I worked on Kate’s bike which was generally in an OK condition. We re-taped the rims, replaced the rear tyre and put the wheels back on. After that we gave it a good clean, degreased the drive train and re-lubed all the moving parts. Adjusted the seat a bit higher and tuned the indexing on the gears. All working again.

    Evening meal was grilled lamb with lots of nice veg plus gratin dauphinoise. Watched a bit of TV and the news then went to bed.
    Read more