Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 174

    Albufeira and Alvor

    October 6, 2017 in Portugal ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    Hello again, I'm getting lazy, the sun is still shining and sky is blue. Only a few of things worthy or note to tell you about.
    The whales we saw, we are fairly sure we're Brydes Whales
    The night before we left Alvor john had already gone to bed and I was getting there when we heard a very loud scraping noise and assumed that as it was dark some idiot had just run into us. Opps, no we had actually run into someone we had managed to trip our superdooper Rocna anchor and it was dragging, we managed to hit the only other boat in the anchorage rather than ending up on a sand bank. Needless to say I got little sleep that night after that but the anchor had held fine for the previous 36hours, we have to assume that as we swung round on it in the afternoon with the tide change, that it tripped.
    Just one last thing was that on our way to Albufeira we saw a submarine I tried to take a photo but you still can't really see it, we used the binoculars.
    The cliffs to Albufeira were dramatic, and as you can see the buildings in the marina are all pastels a bit twee but nice. We’d visited the town before for a winter break a few years ago so didn’t need to do any sightseeing. We met a German guy who’d been in the marina for 5 years he had a lot of stories.
    Read more