Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 273

    Almerimar

    January 13, 2018 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    Thank you to everyone for my birthday cards and presents sadly John had misplaced some of the cards and I only got to open them on Wednesday when we arrived in Almerimar and started to unpack. The drive down was OK but as you will see from the photos it looks like we just missed some artic conditions in central Spain. When we first crossed the border into Spain we were met with blue sky’s which was great, but then as we turned inland things got whiter and whiter, luckily we were through the worst before we were due to stop for the night just south of Madrid.
    We got back to Almerimar on Wednesday afternoon and tried to move into the apartment we had rented but it hadn’t been cleaned, so further short delay and we moved in, in the evening. A few teething problems with the flat but should be able to get them sorted out quickly, the electrician has already replaced the trip switch that didn’t trip we are now waiting to find out about the Internet that was working before the trip switch was replaced but isn’t now.
    The boat was lifted out yesterday that went smoothly and we have finished our first full day of work, I looked a bit like a smurf earlier as had been working under the boat scraping the hull which is covered in blue antifoul. I managed to get it on my face, in my hair, on my arms and hands, lovely!
    Read more