Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 507

    Mykonos Town

    September 4, 2018 in Greece ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    Hello so from Delos we headed to South Bay on Mykonos, the bay was as the pilot book had promised very busy with a lot of permanent moorings but we found room to sneak in, there was music from the shore but fortunately it wasn’t loud even in the night. We spent most of the afternoon watching a charter boat with Lithuanians on board wander around the bay first they were stern too on a mooring bouy, then bow to on another one, then drifting out of the bay with the four crew swimming rapidly after it, they caught it before it hit anything thankfully and then spent an hour try to tie up properly to a mooring we think they dragged the first one so went to another and tied up and immediately launched the dinghy and off they went! Apart from being the Mediterranean’s answer to Ibiza Mykonos is famous for the number of churches it has. It is rumoured that every family on the island has their own private church, they usually have red roofs, resulting in over 400 island wide.
    The next day we spent 25 mins waiting for the bus to Mykonos Town and just as we gave up the bus arrived. On the 20 min journey I counted 24 churches. The Town was as expected, busy with throngs of tourists following people with brollies in the air. It was also expensive E3 for a Nescafé frappe! We saw the famous windmills and lots of other idyllic shots of white washed homes with blue shutters and if you headed a little up hill in the town suddenly the tourists disappeared.
    Read more