Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 679

    JVK Birthday

    February 23, 2019 in Greece ⋅ 🌬 10 °C

    Our return trip from Athens was hassle free and we had some great views of the Gulf of Preveza where we are likely to spend some time next month before our lift out for antifouling and the 10year survey.
    We made a random purchase in Athens of a stylised fishing trawler that is also a light, we love it.

    On the Saturday night we had a Chinese night to attend at Vliho Yacht Club. It was a great meal, lots of variety, good company and alcohol free ginger beer all for the bargain price of €15 each.
    John’s Birthday was the following day and it was an odd way to spend a birthday but we took part in the Clean up your Gyras, which the equivalent of a Beach Clean we picked up litter on the north edge of the Lagoon both on the beach and on the lagoon side. There was a huge amount of plastic and a lot of tyres as well as some fly tipping of electrical gubbins. But I definitely felt a sense of achievement after 3 hours of work, John did pack up a bit earlier but OK it was his birthday.
    We have now settled back into the swing of things and have had some great weather, it was so good yesterday that unfortunately John felt the need to take off his shirt 🤪 while working, not sure the other marina residents were really ready for that. On Wednesday night we took part in the quiz again and managed a creditable third, which as our team mate Pieta put it means we are starting to fill our heads will too much useless knowledge.
    Today we said welcome to our boat guest Zinghy, who is with us for 10 days. He has settled in and made himself at home already.
    Read more