Satellite
  • Day 26

    Day 26: Farewell Fujian

    June 23, 2017 in China ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Very relaxed start to the day with steamed bread and eggs to see us on our bumpy 9.6 mile bike ride down a tea growing mountain aahh. Stopped on the way to enjoy a temple, the largest round house built in the 30s, and a paddle in the river.

    Came back to the guesthouse, to find the owner's mother suffocating a chicken on the driveway...guessing that's for tea, talk about fresh!

    In the afternoon enjoyed some fresh fruit including pineapple sprinkled with salt (we thought it was sugar) - strangely nice!

    The mosquitoes of Fujian have managed to penetrate Gill's bug spray force field and she has gained 4 bites.

    Special trip back to the local round house for Emma to purchase 'an awesome souvenir', a sword. Has done her research on the Cathay Pacific website and shouldn't have a problem bringing this home...we'll see!

    Enjoyed fantastic home made food in Fujian, and the transport (Karaoke taxi) making journeys much more fun (even though Gill hates Karaoke)! Experienced our first Chinese storm whilst packing. Just about ready for our final night train tonight, then a jam packed day in Macau.

    Gill & Em x
    Read more