Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 25

    Day 25: Fooling around in Fujian

    June 22, 2017 in China ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    In complete contrast to the bustling city of Shanghai we awoke in a 300 year old round house deep in the rural tea growing hills. Fujian has a much more relaxed pace and breathtaking green scenery.

    First stop, tea tasting at another round house. These huge structures are more like self contained villages, and have been built by the Hakka minority to house and protect generations of family. We were both tempted by the tea and purchased fresh jasmine, black and smokey tea.

    After an aerial view of a unique and particularly famous cluster of round houses, we wandered down through the village. This was followed by a hike around a mountain exploring the tea plantations with more amazing views.

    At our guest house we found a new buddy that we named Teddy. He is the cutest stray dog, though needs a shave as very matted. Also found the insect from hell, even Damon (our guide) couldn't identify (see photo).

    Fabulous swim to end the day in the natural mineral water of the river. Emma enjoyed battling the waterfall and jumping off the rock.

    Gill & Em x
    Read more