Satellite
  • Day 90

    The sound of nature

    July 24, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    We can count the remaining days on one hand now. It's a strange feeling to go only short distances, trying to finish the canned food, and doing a proper job and visa search at night.
    The past two mornings we've woken up to a light breeze and birds or frogs calling each other just outside the van far from traffic and society. And slowly realized how much we're gonna miss these mornings of boiling water with cold fingers, reaching for service somewhere in the front of the car to get our morning phone fix, having coffee in the blankets while making plans for the day, no need for rushing anything.
    These two days we went through another forrest of giants and stopped to see the elephant rocks, but most of our time was spend by the computer. High tide stopped us from going close to the rocks, and the forrest have an expensive tree top walk and a short path on the ground for a different audience, so we were quickly back on the narrow, curvy highway going further north.
    Another brave (or crazy) drive through some trees got us scared again for a moment, but we got off the mud too easily and had a nice and private parking for this afternoon and night.
    Read more