Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Pai

    12 februari 2018, Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    Pai was not on our itinerary when we first planned our trip however when talking to other travellers lots of people recommended visiting Pai while we were in North Thailand. We got picked up from our hostel in Chiang Mai by a minibus and drove the three hours along a very windy road to reach Pai. Pai is a town up in the mountains and everyone rents scooters to get around as all of the touristy locations are outside of the town. We got a lesson on how to use the scooters when we hired them before going exploring (although Una had a little accident on the bike later that we won't mention). We first went to a small waterfall in a canyon and then to a bamboo bridge. The bamboo bridge was built for the monks to travel from their village to their temple. It was very impressive.

    The next day we rode up the mountain to the Buddha statue overlooking the town and countryside which was very pretty and peaceful. We then went to a hot springs river to lie and relax in. The water got hotter as we moved up the river to a maximum of 80 degree Celsius however our Irish skin could only deal with the 35 degree pool as it was hot enough for us. The hottest part of the river was not suitable for people however some people used the water to boil eggs which was funny. It was certainly a nice way to spend the afternoon relaxing.

    I am glad that we decided to visit Pai, it's a really nice town in the country and I would recommend others to visit it too. Riding our scooters was also very fun and it was a very handy way to get to the tourist attractions. Pai is also our last location to visit in Thailand before we head to Laos. I enjoyed Thailand as we had great food, great weather and some great adventures, it was certainly the perfect country to start our trip in.
    Meer informatie