Satellite
Show on map
  • Koh Rong

    March 6, 2018 in Cambodia

    After taking a four hour bus and an hour boat ride we arrived to the beautiful island of Koh Rong. It is located in the Gulf of Thailand in the southern part of Cambodia. Koh Rong was not on our initial itinerary but we decided that we wanted to escape the cities and go scuba diving again.

    We checked into a double room in Coco Boutique resort and it was lovely to be able to have a room to ourselves by the beach. We walked along the white sanded beach and enjoyed the heat of the sun. We heard about a full moon party which was happening the same night so bought tickets for it. When we arrived to the party there were performers who were throwing fire. It was very cool and fascinating to watch them perform.

    The following day we decided to go scuba diving again. Our instructor was Yi from China. We went to two dive sites we saw lots of fish including barracula, stingray and suckerfish. The second dive didn't have as good visibility so it was harder to see the big fish however it was good to practice our bouyancy techniques and hover in the water.

    The last day we went to high point rope park to do zipling and climbing. We climbed to a platform that was 27m high so we got a great view over the coast line. It was very fun however it was horrible to see locals cutting down the trees so it's hard to know if this forest will still be present in a couple of years.

    The island was beautiful and I would recommend anyone to go visit it. It's a little more underdeveloped compare to Koh Tao however this adds to the attraction as there is not as many people there so you can enjoy the view in peace.
    Read more