Satellite
  • "This Glorious Eden"... Lord Byron

    February 26, 2019 in Portugal ⋅ ⛅ 11 °C

    Sintra is an easy 1 1/2 hour train ride from Coimbra. We had to switch trains in Lisbon and then take another 40 minute train to Sintra. All easy and with the senior rates, a deal!

    On the train from Lisbon, we met a young man from Brazil who worked training animals for the show Animal Planet. He was very friendly and told us that he has lived and worked all over the place and chose to live on the beach near Sintra. He loves surfing. He was very kind and took us right to the Cinco BnB where we are staying - a 10 minute walk from the train station. And did we ever luck out. This place and its originally British owners, Carole and Stuart, are fantastic!

    After a warm and friendly greeting, we were shown the spacious apartment with its attractive and comfortable living room, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. The views from the living room and patio outside are just spectacular. The gardens are just coming to life (It’s Spring) and it is so peaceful. It’ll be hard to leave to go exploring. But there is so much to see and do here.

    The town is very touristy but we are in a great area, just a couple of blocks away from all the visitors. It is just perfect!
    Read more