Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 98

    More birthday parties..

    November 11, 2017 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 6 °C

    This week has been the week of Tom with him celebrating his 6th bday. Two of the lovely mums from his class invited us to do a joint party with their kids Sara & Pablo, which we keenly accepted. The parties here are almost all held in ‘the pinos’ above the city. The spot has spectacular views out to the snow capped Sierra Nevada mountains & lots of room for the kids to roam. It was great to see Tom enjoying himself and getting showered with love from his new classmates. Tomorrow his birthday celebrations continue with us all going to a soccer game to see the team ‘Granada’ in action.

    Out of all the kids Tom has had the hardest time adjusting to a new place & school. I’m pleased to report however that over the past couple of weeks he has switched into gear. Almost like he has accepted the fact that this is his new reality & has decided to enjoy it. Fingers crossed he stays on track from here!!

    The weather has also suddenly changed here. We are waking up to 1 or 2 degree mornings & we have snow on the mountains. We are struggling to work the complicated, underfloor heating system in our house & it is COLD. The days are still clear, warm & sunny but I’m already missing the warm summer evenings we experienced when we first arrived. The kids of course are super excited about seeing snow for the first time! That might be my next post!!
    Read more