Satellite
  • Day 14

    Vila Madalena walking tour

    June 27, 2017 in Brazil ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    It is actually exam period for Saša now and tomorrow is her last exam, so she needed to study a little bit. However, I wanted to continue exploring the city, so Saša suggested me to join a free walking tour. It is a travel agency that organizes daily walking tours through Sao Paulo...amazing way how to meet other travelers and get to know the city from a local perspective.

    I joined a Vila Madalena tour. Vila Madalena is considered to be the coolest neighbourhood of Sao Paulo. It is known for its bustling nightlife and Sao Paulo bohemian culture and art. The neighbourhood is filled with dozens of galleries, studios, restaurants, bars and series of graffiti covered streets and alleys. The most well known is probably the batman's alley. Nowadays, brazilian graffiti is one of the best in the world. It all started back in the 70's as an important instrument of protest against the distatorship opression that the country suffered.

    The tour took 3 hours, which passed super quick thanks to our enthusiastic guide and the good time we were having. If you are ever in Sao Paulo, I really recommend to take one of their tours (www.saopaulofreewalkingtour.com). I discovered the area during the day time, but as I mentioned above, it is a popular place to go out, thats why I could not miss the opportunity to continue exploring the area during the night time as well. So with Sasa and other exchange students we came back later for some caipirinhas..and i have to admit, the Brazilians are the masters at making caipirinhas.
    Read more