Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 29

    Day 29

    September 2, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 9 °C

    Awake early and up 8ish. John made bacon & eggs then we packed up and left them 10ish.

    Filled car and got back to airport with no trouble. Sparkles on my t shirt set off sensors so I had additional checks.

    Had coffee & cake then flight 1pm to Philadelphia.

    Quite a bumpy flight but only about an hour so no problem.

    Landed to torrential rain. Totally uneventful journey to Marriot - $35. We're on 22nd floor but gloomy view of grey skies! Shock to the system after the wonderful weather we've had most of the time.

    Nice big room, cup of tea with awful powder milk then out to find Irish Bar McGillins - supposedly oldest in town.
    Traffic busy, lots of grumpy drivers and puddles. Couldn't find pub so went in Fergie's Irish Bar. Diddly diddly band playing. Had beers $9.50 for two. Found McG but heaving and loud but still only 5pm ish so didn't stay. Went to The Bar - almost empty but was a bar and cheap and dry. $9. Then to Finn McCoos - sat at bar. $10 for 2 x 22oz beers (compared to 16oz before). Had shepherds pie and fish & chips. Perfectly ok and hit the spot on this cold & wet night. This rain is from Hurricane Harvey which has caused huge devastation in Texas. Shouldn't complain really.

    Went to 7/11 for milk, biscuits and wine. Don't sell wine!! Trudged round a bit and eventually found booze shop. Bought $10 wine then home 7.30ish. In bed to get warm by 8pm. Ate biscuits and drank wine watching 50 Shades of Grey. Rubbish film!

    Asleep before 10pm.
    Read more