Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 30

    Day 31

    September 3, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    Very sad that trip nearly over 🙁Final packing & check out. Complained that they charged us $18 for wifi - charge immediately cancelled.

    Left bags and out to Liberty Observation Deck. Got there just before it opened at 10am so very quiet. Good views of city and buildings.

    Quite a few vagrants on the streets and parks - almost all are black. Don't seem to bother anyone. Also the city where we have seen the most seriously overweight people. I have been generally quite surprised at the small number of overweight people in the US but this place is different!

    Wandered back towards Rocky steps. Still much clearing up going on so couldn't get near.

    Had awful coffee in. Logan Square watching kids playing in the fountain. Lovely hot day.

    Went to Devon for lunch. Lovely seat looking onto street and park. Had couple of beers, lobster bisque/clam chowder & crab/club sandwich. OK but felt like a cafe and service too quick. Prices also reflect cafe rather than restaurant but it was bank holiday lunchtime and very busy. Not cheap but ok.

    Left there 1.30 - very full and still hours to kill. Sat in couple of parks then went to find beer garden - big place but shut!

    Went to Irish bar next to McGillins - grotty back yard and plastic glasses then to Bru across the street. Heaven! Huge choice of beer and the England v Slovakia World Cup qualifier on tv. Sat at bar and enjoyed victory.

    Back to hotel 5ish. Driver waiting for us. Checked in fine and sat in lounge drinking gin & red wine and eating guacamole (which wasn't very nice really but the girl on the desk told us to get in there before it finished at 6pm!)

    Had some soup & snacks then called to board at 8ish.

    Glass of fizz, red wine, steak/panko prawns. Very nice.

    Settled down and slept 3 hours ish. Breakfast yoghurt & fruit. Andy had sausage quiche that he wasn't keen on.

    Landed 8.15ish but airbridge malfunction so took half an hour to fix.

    Bags off fairly quick. Home 9.30am. Dull and raining 😢
    Read more