Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Day 4

    April 15 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    Up 8ish. No run today so out for early walkabout. First stop was Ayuntamiento. Nice & early so pretty quiet. Again, fantastic decor & windows. Next stop Post Office. Waste of time - just a modern building. We didn’t bother with the cathedral - we’ve done many of them. Then to St Nicolas - our guide recommended it and said it’s their version of the Sistine Chapel. Unfortunately only open for worship on Mondays so will have to save that for next time. Had a coffee then went to the market. Enormous and full of all kinds of local food & drink & souvenirs. Bought a pack of paella mix. Wandered a bit more and bought fridge magnet, T shirt & spatula then brunch in Los Toneles where we had breakfast yesterday. Had bocadillo de calamares and jamon y queso. Big & delicious.
    Back to the apartment to collect bags then easy trip back to the airport.

    Busy flight again. Airport doesn’t seem big enough for the amount of traffic. Landed on time. Straight into a taxi home.

    Flight price was €135.45 including resident discount. Seats were €60 so almost half the price!
    Apartment price was €372.60. It was perfect for us. Great location, cool and very quiet at night. Would definitely stay there again. Owner was very accommodating and let us check in early and check out late.

    Overall observations - very enjoyable weekend. Food excellent and reasonable price. Beer €4.50/€5 for pint. Expensive compared to what we’re used to but not bad for the 3rd biggest city in Spain. City is very manageable and not intimidating. Next time would probably try to miss Saturday. It was very, very busy and the evening was full of hens & stags and other parties.
    Read more