Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Bubblegum pain

    May 21, 2023 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 11 °C

    We landed 20 min early in Atlanta. But, the baggage was unloaded before the passenger bridge installed! Once they opened the bridge we had to wait another 2 min for boarder control to decide if we needed to be screened. Yes, we did! Another 15 min wait in line as there was either a coffee break or shift change: "agents cease processing," they instructed on the PA.

    Super easy screening with boarder agent thankfully! Maybe they're wide open for all tourist dollars? The bags were waiting on carousel. A friendly helpdesk lady pointed us in the direction of the transit. It was another 10 min wait for shuttle to the domestic terminal where the train to the city starts.

    Omg, it was like being in a bubble gum factory! I believe it was the deoderizer in the AC system, but geezus. The 15 minute ride felt like an eternity. My eyes were burning 😭

    A guy was eager to assist us to the correct location for the train. We didn't have any spare change and politely excused ourselves. Another 5 minutes figuring out that we couldn't pay for transit (MARTA) at kiosk with our Canadian credit cards as it wanted a zip code. So, we downloaded the phone app and ended up saving a couple bucks by not needing to buy a physical card. Next a 15 minute wait for the train to arrive.

    So, 2.5 hours after landing we were moving on the transit train to downtown!

    Early check in possible thanks to Shelly and Imani at the hotel. A quick two hour nap.

    Walked to the grocery store for some food for our suite. Then an amazing view on the treadmills, whilst listening to happy squeals of the kids in the pool on the other side of the glass.
    Read more