Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 32

    Alps Tour - Charming Czechia

    July 9, 2023 in Czech Republic ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    A much earlier start to the day today. We arrived promptly for Gasthof-Pension Silvia's 8am breakfast service, then headed on our way by 9. Our day's route took us a short ride down a twisting forest road where we were surprised with a ferry crossing the Danube River over to the village of Untermuhl. The whole area was already quite busy with droves of cyclists.

    We criss-crossed the country side through little farming villages, endless fields, and patches of forests. Most of our journey, once we entered Czechia, was along various waterways. We noticed a lot of people beating the heat by floating down Vltava river. Eventually we found ourselves in the historic Medieval town of Cesky Krumlov, Czechia. After a brief break, we eventually we wove ourselves a detour around snarled traffic including using an old road (turned pedestrian path) and past a lumber mill and back onto the main road 🙃. Onwards down to Grein, next to the Danube, for our evening stay.

    It was very refreshing when we arrived at Goldenes Cruz as the protected courtyard was shaded and cool. Once settled in, and showered, we ventured out to walk around Grein. We stopped for dinner at a restaurant next to the river; good location, mediocre food, and questionable service... 🤔

    The evening was relaxing enjoying the self-serve beverages (honor system) on the courtyard balcony, with the sparrows chirping and darting about.

    https://www.hotel-in-grein.at/hotel/
    Read more