Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 49

    Bremen

    July 26, 2023 in Germany ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    We had a restful week to reorganize and plan after an intense 16 days of self-guided motorcycle riding. A previously found an accommodation in Bremen to dog sit through Trusted House Sitters. Our companion Dubi is an short older male mixed breed, with quite the personality 🙃 He’s described by his owners to be more of a cat stuck in a dog’s body; but more cuddly and at times needy. J explored the immediate neighbourhood through the multitude of daily walks with Dubi.

    Compared to the the recent weeks of travel, Bremen was cooler and had a varied mix of sun, cloud, and rain. We signed up for the local bikeshare to explore more of the city. One trip took us to the downtown Schnoor historic district. There are definitely some tiny and twisted old buildings there, with varying width streets. On the way back we needed to take refuge from a sudden rain shower. A couple days later we biked through some of the city’s forested parks, and around the university; again, had to find cover from another afternoon sky burst. This time our return took us along the river, passing the Weser weir.
    https://second.wiki/wiki/bremer_weserwehr

    We mostly stayed around the Waller area, and found a few neat restaurants. Our first night in Bremer we went to a West African restaurant called Mataa’s Kitchen and shared the two person platter, and opted for the grilled tilapia. We also found Restaurant Almaz serving Persian and Afghan cuisine.

    On our second to last day we ventured to find local roasted coffee. Four locations later we were successful! Llyod coffee has been roasting for 85 years. Bremen was also import for the coffee trade back in the day. Also the beginning of decaf!

    https://www.bremen.eu/tourism/activities/behind…
    Read more