Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 81

    Cozy Crinan

    August 27, 2023 in Scotland ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    It was a much more casual start to the day, and a hearty traditional scottish oatmeal breakfast. Not as sunny as the previous day, but calm and warm out. Decided it was perfect weather for a boat trip around to Loch Sween!

    It was close to noon by the time we had everything ready and head out of the harbour. Great Uncle D was thoroughly in his happy place behind the helm. He plotted the course over to Lussa Bay on the Isle of Jura. We dropped anchor and savoured a simple picnic in the quiet shallow sandy bay. A even spotted a buck with an impressive rack. Before long we were heading across the way towards Loch Sween.

    As we rounded the point into Loch Sween, we were greeted by a herd of cattle cooling their feet in the ocean. We also noticed a fishing boat darting around checking their equipment for the daily catch. Before long we were passing the ruins of Castle Sween, apparently one of the oldest built in Scotland.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Sween

    We soon arrived back at Ashfield where we had left a vehicle the night before for our return journey. We were met at the dock, and graciously offered tea and treats.

    Back home Great Uncle D made us a scrumptious dinner of stuffed fish cakes, home grown beans and freshly dug potatoes! Lovely wines to enjoy too. A splash of scotch for a night cap 🥃🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
    Read more