Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • Päivä 93

    Old Hoyvik Cove - cold & hot!

    8. syyskuuta 2023, Färsaaret ⋅ 🌬 12 °C

    Today we made it over to the Old Hoyvik Cove for a brisk morning dip. M&C clearly had an eventful night out, and weren't up quite as early as the day before, but this time we were able to get a ride with them. It appeared we arrived just as the earlier group was leaving. And this time they had the wood-fired sauna and hot tub running! Just as we were working up the nerve to jump in, we were warned by a local that it is best to slowly lower yourself in to avoid shock and muscle tightness. Despite that fact, most were leaping off the concrete Pier in to the chilly depths.

    J went first, casually stepping down the ladder into the water, but facing forward so it was easier to glide in. Although the water was cold, it was surprisingly warmer than anticipated, about 6C. Warmer feeling than swimming in some of the lakes back home! A followed soon after, but didn't stay in as long, but who can blame him. The wind wasn't blowing too hard, and the ambient temperature was about 12C. That said, warming up in the sauna was quite nice. We did this routine 3️⃣ times.

    Returning to the flat, we cleaned up and had breakfast, then headed off to do our volunteer shift for the festival. We arrived by 1:30 for the briefing, then started to process participants by checking thier mandatory kit: trail runners, rain jacket, warm hand and head wear, etc.. We did this until 9:30pm! A went out to grab us take-out dinner; he found a great Thai place!
    Lue lisää