Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 107

    Poised Portobello Beach

    September 22, 2023 in Scotland ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    Had a busy and productive start to the day; up at 7, and on the road by 9ish. Headed to Glasgow to pick up the Polstar electric rental car 🏎️💨, then Edinburgh bound. Getting to the rental car location at the airport was fairly challenging until A decided to drive in to the rental return access with the vw campervan 👍. We got a few strange looks, but it was both effective and pragmatic. In short order we we off with J driving the Polstar, trying to maintain a close proximity on the congested freeways out of Glasgow.

    The drive was pretty uneventful and quick. We reunited Gloria, the camper van, with her owners. Then decided to head over to the nearby beach of Portobello where we enjoyed a walk on the sandy beach nibbling on PBJ sandwiches.

    Decided to take the more scenic, but longer route, south and closer to the coastline. Even on the grey day the sights were spectacular. Although we did drive through a few intense rain showers. We eventually found our way to Wylam to spend a couple days with family.

    We enjoyed a thoughtful homemade made meal of roasted chicken and baked potatoes!
    Read more