Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 109

    Whimsical Wylam

    September 24, 2023 in England ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    After a very gusty night, the clouds were no where in sight come morning. The bright start to the day left us excited for the adventures ahead. However, after a quick weather forecast check realized it was temporary, so decided to walk around Wylam and enjoy the local trails before the monsoon afternoon.

    Once caffeinated and fed, walked through the garden and down the street to the local "Maker's Market". They had a nice little setup out in the courtyard, and more booths inside. We carried on along the Tyne River till we reached the footpath around the golf course.

    DM was mentally savoring a bacon Bunty, so stopped in at the Close House Golf Course clubhouse. Unfortunately they don't do dropins on Sunday, so settled for just drinks. The sky was definitely getting darker and more menacing.

    Our short walk was 7km long. As we neared the house, we could feel the odd rain drop. Once back at the house DM and HM settled into watching soccer while AM started to get dinner prepared. J&A's contribution was picking apples and making an apple blackberry crisp, as well as assisting with dinner preparation.

    Supper consisted of a delicious beef and venison stew with Yorkshire pudding and garden fresh corn and beans!
    Read more