Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Notre Dame,Louvre and Siene River Cruise

    December 23, 2017 in France ⋅ ☁️ 9 °C

    Day 2 in Paris without bags and we had to go shopping for winter accessories . This we did at a local shop in Paris . The lady(especially at pharmacy) was super helpful!
    We first took a train to Notre Dame. Even though we had the museum pass we had to take a time slot for our tour . Instead we decided to visit just the cathedral . This was very stunning in itself . After this we walked to St Chapelle. Do note that without the museum pass it is 10Euro to enter. Here there are stunning walls of glass murals that depict stories .
    We then walked to Louvre(15min) alongside the River Siene for most of it. Louvre is just as a imagined . The Louvre Palace and its size stunned me . Someone truly said that you can easily spend days exploring Louvre . We had to stop our tour in 3 hours since we were hungry and tired. We ate at the Louvre cafe (very average food - if you go to the adjacent mall you will get much better option).
    Then we took a bus to Eiffel Tower where we were to catch our river Siene Cruise .
    The views on the cruise are great but if you have already seem the main landmarks in Paris you may be better off skipping the cruise . However if you have very little time - this gives a great glimpse of the city.
    Read more