Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 12

    Day 11. Nov 21st. 2023

    21 de novembro de 2023, Hong Kong ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    Earlier start than anticipated. I went into the village to get Mum Lucy a loaf of dark Norwegian bread, (also bought some pain au chocolate from the little bakery). The young Indonesian assistant was very concerned that I might be cold! She was wearing her hijab and a winter dress on a hot bakery. I explained that I was from NZ and that the 23c at 8am was lovely and warm. We had a good laugh about that any my ineptitude at sorting out the money. I returned to the 'office' to find that the ‘genius’ Trish had not taken a key for the office or my phone! Absolutely no hope of contacting Euan up in his tower, I trudged up the hill and fortunately met your Dad Dave who gave me his key. You were reputed to be asleep but had woken up when I arrived!
    Mum Lucy tried to get a sleep while I sat beside you on the couch, but that collapsed within 30 mins.
    Latter a ‘sprawled’ and relaxed Dusty stretched out on Mum and spent a leisurely time asleep before having a feed and falling asleep again - 12.35
    Nurse Cant has started a food & fluid chart to try and figure out if we can improve the sleeping and reduce the colic, and also to make sure that you Mum is getting enough food to keep you both on track. Grandad is trying to assemble a rocket ship, aka known as a smart baby buggy/pram!
    We have striped off the ‘older' child attachments and are trying installing the baby ones! We have a video, but it was decided that we needed lunch before attempting the rest of the job🤣
    Dusty, you actually had a much more settled day. Although the record shows hundreds of feeds, inputs and outputs, you were much more settled. We ‘encouraged‘ poor Mum Lucy to eat more regularly and we seemed to have a more settled kid. Who knows! The grandparents put you in the little pram and you seem delighted - at least on the way towards the village. Mum Lucy was collecting a parcel from the Post Office. Little Miss Dusty, you then cut up a bit rough on the way back, but still, it was a 59% success. Later you were much less settled, but we managed a bath etc. Mum Lucy hadn’t managed a sleep, but did manage a short walk at about 6. 30. It’s amazing how we find it more complicated here on Lamma just to get the basics organised. Your Mum & Dad take it all in their stride after ten years of experience!
    Leia mais