Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    Day 15, 25th Nov. 2023

    November 25, 2023 in Hong Kong ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    Saturday am and a relaxed weekend day. We woke fairly early, lazed around the office having a leisurely breakfast and sitting in the roof balcony. Lucy & Dave were having a much needed slow time. Dusty, you are the quintessential non morning person; no actively, then come afternoon, and frequently at night, it’s all on! Today was no exception. The plan was for you and your Mum & Dad to come up to the office, but you slept, 💤. I had a lovely chat to Gill Salt in Bannockburn and eventually the Lammna Cassells family arrived. We went for walk up to the community garden at Tai Peng, looking across to Yung Shue Wong Village, up to the ridge, not far from the windmill.
    Remind me never to complain about gardening in Palmie, ever again. Apart from marauding wild pigs, no water source close by, very sandy soil, rampant growth, typhoons etc, what’s not to like about gardening on Lamma?
    It was a lovely walk. You were in the front pack with your Dad, but both of you were a bit too warm. We stopped off for an ice cream on the way home.
    We returned to 93 Po Wah Yuen where, once you were set free you were in high spirits. We gave you a bath and you rewarded us ( especially your Mum) with beautiful smiles! The best yet!!! Then you reverted to your afternoon self🙂. About 15 attempts at putting you down so your Mum could get some sleep failed dismally. Your Dad got about an hours sleep!
    Grandad was busy sorting out the mirror hanging for the bathroom. It’s now in place and looking good. Off you all went to friends place for an early dinner. You Mum looks as though she will be asleep the moment she sits down!
    Grandad & I went to the Thai restaurant at the base of the steps into the village. We tried the pomelo salad and shrimps. We asked for it to not have chilli, but that was never going to happen! The following chicken was ok, but a tiny portion. The glutinous rice was just one big clump, but placed on a
    banana skin. I did enjoy the fresh coconut. I wished I could scrape out the coconut flesh though!
    Back home to the office after some minor purchases in the village. We had toast & jam (using the new toaster) followed by almond croissants and a cuppa! Excellent. Another day with you and your first real smiles. What bliss.
    Read more