Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Punta Arenas

    December 6, 2022 in Chile ⋅ ⛅ 7 °C

    Next stop after Ushuaia is Punta Arenas in Chile 🇨🇱. The Bus took 10 hours which was so long but we luckily could see some guanaco which are really cute. This made it all feel much more like South America. The next day i went on a scenic hike on my own to the reservas de magellanes and the following day i booked a Tour to See the only king penguin colony in Chile. So many penguins i know haha but they were missing on my list :D in the a typical chilenian lunch and a tour through the ghost town called estancia san gregorio was included. The buildings of the commune appartently date back to 1882. So even though most people told me that you should just stay in Punta Arenas for one day in my opinion it is definitely worth the visit und there is so much to do besides seeing penguins! So much history also about the first expeditions!
    Apparently you also should not miss out on the calafate sour which is similar to pisco sour but very sweet and looks like a blueberry drink. I was not surprised that it was sweet because the people here love their sweets! Apparently there is also this myth that if you drink a calafate sour in Punta Arenas you will come back to the city! Guess this will not be the last time i will be in Punta Arenas. :)
    Read more