Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • Päivä 174

    Budapest

    9. elokuuta 2023, Unkari ⋅ ☁️ 23 °C

    Made it to Hungary - our 12th country on this trip - after an overnight bus from Cluj to Budapest. After a massive nap to recover from the night bus, we headed out for brunch at Lions Lounge and then hopped on the metro to Szechenyi Baths. We unknowingly bought the wrong ticket (which cost more than the ticket we were supposed to have) and were stopped and fined 24,000HUF (the equivalent to about NZ$110) by metro staff just for having the wrong ticket! It was absolutely ridiculous that there is no leniency for having the wrong ticket (especially one that costs more) or making the an honest mistake. We definitely will not be taking the metro in Budapest again, while we like this city so far, it has certainly made us feel unwelcome. After the metro mishap, we spent a few hours at Szechenyi Baths, and then wandered to several supermarkets to find something simple for dinner. This turned into a 2 hour trip as none of the major supermarkets had any of the food we needed.

    We spent the rest of our last few days in Europe eating langos and goulash, visiting markets and exploring the city. Next stop: Kyrgyzstan!
    Lue lisää