Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 349

    Ha Giang Loop - Day 2

    January 31 in Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    We thought day 1 was great, but day 2 of the Ha Giang Loop was even better! We left Yen Minh with a Swiss couple (who are also travelling for a year) and headed towards Lung Cu, which is the furthest northern point of Vietnam. The drive today was even more spectacular, and we spent the morning driving along hairpin loops flanked by massive limestone mountains and on the side of cliffs. We stopped at Doc Tham Ma to take some photos and admire the scenery, and again at Doc Chin Khoanh for views over the valley we'd just driven through. We met back up with an American couple we'd met at Yen Minh and planned to ride to Lung Cu together, but we shortly all got separated/took different routes. A few hours of driving later, we arrived at Lung Cu Flagpole, where we had to use our legs for the first time in days to walk up the stairs of the monument. The walk was worth it, as we were treated to 365° views of Lung Cu and the surrounding mountains, farms and villages.

    After Lung Cu, we headed towards Meo Vac, where we would be staying for the night. On the way, we made a few stops at the Ma Pi Leng Skywalk to stretch our legs again, and viewpoints along the way for views over Tu San Canyon. We arrived in Meo Vac around 5.30pm, checked into a hotel with heating (hooray!) and went for another early dinner. So far, we are a bit sore and tired from riding for two days, but the experience has been incredible and worth it!
    Read more