Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    The Last Supper and Sunset

    May 11, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    Only a 1 hour wait, time for a beer, an enforced listening 🎶 to the band (who didn't know how to play .. Far Away 🤣🤣) then just as Greg's shrimps 🍤 were coming off the barbecue we were called to our table. Those that know me will be surprised to read that I had the Red Snapper; along with Patti, Jayne went for The Grouper and Greg had the Wahoo.
    During the meal we shared more laughter about the English language and how we say certain things and call things names that they (Americans) couldn't relate to.

    Red snapper is a large saltwater fish found in the Gulf of Mexico, Atlantic Ocean, and the Mediterranean Sea. The most common red snapper caught and eaten is from the Gulf of Mexico. They have a “stronger” taste than other species of fish because they eat more crabs and shrimp, which makes their meat more flavourful.

    The Grouper fish can be found in 25 to 50 foot depths 1 to 12 miles off the coast of Sarasota where the black grouper are the prevalent grouper. The blacks average 6 to 12 pounds and come and go all year long but seem to be best in Spring and Fall. They hang out on all the reefs, breaks and structure they can find and some are better than others. They hide deep in the structure which makes them hard to pull out with light tackle. Since most of the fishing done in this area is on light tackle, most are lost.
    Wahoo have elongated mouths and razor-sharp teeth. These creatures are bad-ass, almost prehistoric looking fish, that swim fast, and fight fiercely — making for a fun day on the water in the Gulf of Mexico

    Wahoo have elongated mouths and razor-sharp teeth. These creatures are bad-ass, almost prehistoric looking fish, that swim fast, and fight fiercely — making for a fun day on the water in the Gulf of Mexico.

    After our early dinner it was a quick drive back to the apartment to catch our final sunset and then joy of joys pack our cases.
    Read more