Satellite
  • Day 200

    Auckland Bound

    December 20, 2018 in New Zealand ⋅ 🌧 59 °F

    Yesterday's Cook Strait ferry crossing was uneventful. It was raining and since there was no overhead cover, I stayed inside and napped. Maybe it will be nice when I head south later on.

    We arrived at the hostel around 18:30, and I jumped in the shower since I didn't get one after the swim, just a hot freshwater hosing off. There was a bar in the basement called Basement--who would've guessed--and the colocated travel agency was in charged of Game Night. I signed up for the pool competition and won. The travel agent asked me what I wanted. I didn't know what the prizes were, so I said a beer. It was a hostel game night after all. How good could the prizes be? I won a five-day/four-night island hopping tour in Fiji. No kidding. And I already have a flight to there for my birthday. Happy birthday to me!!!

    We were on the road at 06:40 this morning...on the dot and minus one person who was late. "Motors," our driver, warned us that she would be leaving on time because today's 700-kilometer drive would take so long (she can only drive a certain number of hours each day).

    Now, we've just left the pickup/dropoff point in the town of National Park. Lol. We had a coffee stop in Bulls. Many of he stores had names like DelictiBulls, EdiBulls, etc. Lol.

    So long [for now] and thanks for all the fish. ✌️
    Read more