Satellite
  • Day 257

    Get Me Outta Here

    February 15, 2019 in Fiji ⋅ 🌧 86 °F

    Lunch yesterday was okay. There was a buffet, so at least I felt full when I left. The water was too stormy to go snorkeling off the beach, so I spent the afternoon taking in the air conditioned dorm. Nice.

    I went to dinner and was pleasantly surprised to run into a guy I had met on the boat the day before, Kiwi-born turned Londoner Jules. He had come over that day and had met Steve, a Midlands Brit. The three of us wound up having dinner together. Since the menu was the same as the day before, all I had was the pureed onion soup. Weird, but okay. After that, I was in the shower, in my bed, and in my book until I finally fell asleep.

    I woke at 02:30 to rain again. When I got out of bed around 06:30 to pack, it was still raining and the sea was even rougher than yesterday. I dumped my big backpack and went to breakfast early so I could eat before the cave outing. The reason I chose this place was to see and snorkel in the beautiful caves nearby. Yay! But no. Cancelled because of the surf. Back to the book until the boat comes to take me back to Nadi. I can't wait.

    So long [for now] and thanks for all the fish. ✌️
    Read more