Satellite
  • Day 258

    Back in Nadi

    February 16, 2019 in Fiji ⋅ ⛅ 84 °F

    Picking back up from yesterday, I read my book until it was time to go to the boat. Jules, one of the guys I came in with and had Valentine's dinner with, was also on the boat, so we went straight to the beer. Two stops later, the American couple I met on my first day on the boat got back on, and along with Lucy, a Russian who Jules met before, we had a right ol' time all the way back to Nadi.

    Once we got our luggage, the Americans Josh and Casey had to go straight to the airport, but Jules, Lucy and I grabbed a snack and a beer at the Hard Rock Cafe. This is a good one with lots of great memorabilia. After that, we shared a cab to Smuggler's Cove hostel where I'm staying. They grabbed a room while I grabbed a seat at an outdoor table. One of the guys I met my first time through was there, an Irishman, then Danny, an Aussie, sat down, and we had a great and late evening together, especially when the puppies came out to play. I left when the Russian started talking about how great Trump is for the US.

    I'm in a 16-bed, female, well air conditioned dorm, but I have a bottom bunk and no one was on the top last night. Sweet. I have internet, although I had to pay to get it in the room, so I'm staying out of the heat and humidity today. At some point I'll have to get food, but I have a great book, working internet, and lots of water, so I'll be comfy for quite a while.

    So long [for now] and thanks for all the fish. ✌️
    Read more