Satellite
  • Day 348

    Maintenance Day & Aarrgghhh Continues

    May 17, 2019 in Australia ⋅ 🌬 79 °F

    Yesterday afternoon, I met up with my dear friend Sniffer Dog from Sydney, her friend, and a Cairns hasher Layback. They all dropped by the hostel on their way to the airport. Hugs for me!

    Then later I met up with McTaf, Mixo, and Layback at Hemingway's Brewery (there was one of these in Port Douglas as well, but I still haven't figured out if they have anything to do with Ernest). Then Layback and I went for Salsa, Cha Cha Cha, etc. dancing. He's about 55 years old and has been dancing since he was a kid. Needless to say, I watched a lot and danced a little. But what a great band and really good time.

    This morning, I chatted with my bank to get the FedEx tracking number for my corrected name debit card. I ordered it at 14:00 on Wednesday and my chat was at 09:00 on Friday, Australia time. They haven't sent it yet. It won't get picked up for another 23 hours. My new favorite curse phrase is "For Frick's [sic] Sake," a.k.a. FFS. These idiots. Luckily--I am really really trying to be positive about this--my friends in Townsville are going to let me stay with them for a few days while my card and glasses get sorted.

    After that chat, I had a nice feed (Aussie for "meal") before going to the shopping center for some much needed maintenance. First, I broke my newest glasses, so I had the local store contact a counterpart further south to order a new frame I can pick up in Townsville next week. Second, I went for a haircut to clean up the sides and back. And third, I finally had a pedicure, for which the whole world is grateful (I wear nothing but jandals/flip-flops/thongs/sandals...whatever you call those shoes with the thing between your toes).

    I'm at the mall now. No selfie today. I look the same as yesterday, including the clothes. 😉

    So long [for now] and thanks for all the fish. ✌️
    Read more