Satellite
  • Crackington Haven to Tintagel

    June 5, 2017 in England ⋅ 🌧 13 °C

    Well we made it to King Arthur's Castle. This was a 21 km distance. We started out this morning from Crackington Haven in a light rain with some wind. When we got up to the cliff tops though it was gale force and at in some places hard to walk against. And then as the day went on the rain got worse so that by the end of the day it was driving into you along with the wind. We didn't see many people on the Coastal Path other than a few local walkers. We did have a nice stop at Boscastle after 4 hours and had a Cornish cream tea at the Harbourlight cafe. We had to leave our packs and poles outside the cafe as it was crowded with people on vacation trying to get out of the rain. The Coastal path was running water by the end of the day and slippery, so we moved pretty slowly and carefully. We are staying in a nice guest house in Tintagel called the Pendryn, and thinking about going outside to find a place to eat.
    Later: We just got back from dinner at the King Arthur Arms. It's only a five minute walk away. We had cottage pie and wines. We spotted a chance to go back to the when the rain stopped and so didn't get too wet. We have wet clothes hanging all over the room.
    Read more