Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    malaysia

    April 14, 2017 in Malaysia ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    Wildlife Photography in Malaysia

    Almost all of us carry our cameras when we go on a tour, especially when you are visiting a scenic location like Malaysia. But there are some within us who like to capture the beauty of the nature in their cameras and make it a lifelong memory.

    Wildlife photography is on the bucket list of almost all tourists out there. It has become more of a hobby in recent times. Here are some of the most beautiful locations in Malaysia apt for Wildlife Photography.

    Travel Suggestion: Arrive in Malaysia by booking an express bus ticket online from redbus and letting the roads bring you close to these beauties. The online bus booking option creates huge convenience in terms of money and time. Moreover, you get to choose from a wide range of buses and seating arrangements.

    Danum Valley

    Situated in a remote place and spread across 438 kilometers, far away from human habitation, Danum valley is a photographer’s paradise. Termed as the world’s most complex ecosystem, it is home to some of the most endangered species of the world. Banteng, Asian elephants, proboscis monkey, orange utan are some of the animals which are a part of this complex ecosystem. If you are lucky, you might also come across an ancient burial site filled with coffins and spirit jars.

    How to reach?

    By bus: To get to Danum valley you will have to first arrive at Lahad Datu. It is an 8 hour journey from here you can also consider splitting your journey and stay in Sandakan. Mind you, there are a lot of potholes on the way.

    When?

    The bus leaves at 03:00PM on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

    Maliau Basin

    Favorite among nature explorers and also known as Sabah’s lost world, it is a huge area covered with a lot of immaculate forests and is considered among the very few lasting wilds in the world. Located almost 1,675 meters above sea level, the basin is circular in shape and is one of Malaysia’s finest spots for photography. It is known to be popular among tourists as a bird watching location too. The basin has never officially been inhabited and a lot of areas within the basin are yet to be explored. Make sure you don’t get lost here watching the lush green landscapes.

    How to reach?

    By bus: You can board a bus from Kota Kinabalu. There are buses at regular intervals and a typical journey will take somewhere around 4 to 5 hours.

    https://www.redbus.my
    Read more