Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Settled into Alani Bay Condos

    February 27, 2020 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 59 °F

    It's not like we traveled a great distance today — just a 3+ hour flight from Colorado to Florida. But our day did start early ... we're all feeling drained. Time to relax a bit before calling it a night ... even if it is only 8:30p back at home.

    We picked up our Alamo rental from the on-airport site and headed north to the condo we rented for our stay. The drive was a short one ... would have been shorter had we not mistakenly taken a "locals only" road. Oh well, a little backtracking got us where we needed to go. We did much better getting back to the condo a little later after a quick bit of shopping at the nearby Publix.

    The condo is a small, two-bedroom bungalow. Quite typical of the older Florida residences ... in a quiet residential neighborhood. Clean with all the amenities we need, though I have yet to find the washer and dryer mentioned in the description on the Booking website. Even without the W/D amenity, the place will serve us well for our short stay in Ft Lauderdale.

    We have a relaxing morning and some errands planned tomorrow. Then we will be off to meet friends and have some fun. If the wildlife at Wakodahatchee cooperate, I should have some photos to share tomorrow night.
    Read more