Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    At Sea ... En Route to Barcelona

    March 12, 2020, Western Mediterranean ⋅ ☁️ 61 °F

    The Med has been near flat all day. What little motion we felt during the Atlantic crossing is non existent. Sunshine and comfy temps ... high of 68F with just a light breeze. With our heading pointing slightly north along the coast of Spain, we got some sun on the veranda in the afternoon. Of course we made the most of it, enjoying being outside for some well earned rest ... and some wine and snacks

    Why rest? Because we worked hard this morning. Just kidding, though we were busy packing the last bits into our bags.

    It’s now 10:30p. All but the clothes we set out for tomorrow and toiletries that can fit in 3-1-1 bags are packed away. The luggage for both cabins is sitting outside the cabin, waiting to be picked up by the crew and taken down into the belly of the ship.

    I had reservations for us to go see the Blue Planet matinee this afternoon. What an amazing production show it turned out to be, with the casts of Mamma Mia mingling with the Allure dancers and singers, and some of the acrobats features at the AquaTheater. The set was beautifully designed ... at times representing the oceans with aerial acrobats “swimming” behind a filmy pale blue curtain or a volcano with billowing lava, or the rainforest with camouflage-attired cast members blending in so well with the set that they were impossible to spot until they started moving. A really spectacular show.

    The 7:45p headliner show in the Amber Theater meant going to the Windjammer for a light dinner. The food up there has been good, so we didn’t mind. The show featured Frankie and the Dreamers. The lead soloist, Ryan Molloy, played the original Frankie Valli in the “Jersey Boys” on Broadway. Tonight’s show played homage to the music of Valli. It was a good show ... but something was off with the acoustics, detracting from our enjoyment.

    And thus our cruise is coming to an end. Overall, we’re happy with the experience we had on this ship. That said, we likely would not return to Royal Caribbean unless we’re looking for transportation ... at the right place.
    Read more